2 Corinthians 9:6
What if we saw life as a gift that has been given to us by God? How would that change our daily lives?
God is a giver
Thanks to God for His unspeakable gift. Vs 15
• He gave us life. Genesis 1:27; Psalms 139
• He gave us Jesus and eternal life. John 3:16, 1 John 3:16
• He gave us new life in Jesus. 2 Corinthians 5:17
• Jesus came to bring us abundant life. John 10:10
Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. James 1:17
Generosity brings a great harvest. Vs6
• God gave his Son Jesus and gained a family of believers. John 3:16
• Jesus gave his life and gained all who would believe in him
When we are generous with what we have God gives us more to be generous with vs 8-11a
• God blesses us to be a blessing 1John 3:16 -19
• We cannot out give God Matthew 19:29
Our generosity causes thanks giving and glory to God. Vs 11b-14
• Jesus gave his life to bring glory to the Father John 17:1-5
• God saved us to serve so that others might be saved
What are you giving your life to?
Think through a time that someone went out of their way to be generous to you, how did it change your day?
What if we realized that all we have has been given to us to use for God’s glory?
Is my life a vessel of blessing which results in thanks being given to God?
2 Corinthians 9
1 Chronicles 29:11-18
Matthew 6: 19-33
2 Corinthians 9:6-15
1 John 3:16-24
1. Read a passage of Scripture each day
2. Look for key thoughts or principles on generosity
3. Think of a practical way that you can apply what you have learned through your life
4. Show generosity to someone today
5. Share your stories on MoreThanOneDay.net